It has been a hell of a week offline. The changes are ringing loud.
* Finished novel/main project of last year and a half.
* Discovered band of last five years is going to wind up sometime soon.
* My brother went into a care facility, and while it is too early to say for sure, it feels pretty unlikely we will bring him back to the family home again.
While Nick going into care has been coming for a long time, the process itself – things finally reaching the point where we just physically, emotionally and mentally could not go on doing it, and then trying to settle someone with massive physical disability and cognitive difficulty in an unfamiliar environment against their will – has been unbelievably fucking stressful. I burned out completely on Saturday after returning from visiting. I knew it had been a full on week, but the exhaustion was scary. Lay down at 7pm and couldn’t actually get out of bed until midnight, by when it was apparent I wasn’t going anywhere, so I went to bed and got up the next afternoon.
* Meanwhile, five new people have moved into (or are about to move into) my flat in the past few weeks.
* I keep meeting people and having intense conversations and learning new stuff and weirdly awesome opportunities are presenting themselves.
* Other stuff I won’t put into a public forum
I spent yesterday in bed reading. Today I feel okay. A busy week ahead. (Still no sign of interweb hookup at flat, either, most available by txt)