October 23, 2009
If you somehow don’t know yet, 350 is about getting a sane deal for the climate – one which allows for human civilisation to continue – at the Copenhagen talks in December. Oct 24 is an international day of action to put pressure on decision makers at those talks.
Lots of groups and individuals have organised amazing events and actions that will take place around the Wellington region on 24 October. Come over and join one of the many activities to show that you want action on climate change!
* Opening – Dawn ceremony at Brooklyn Hill at 6pm
* Climate Action Festival
* Lanterns of Hope
* Cycling for Sustainability and Safety
* Frocks on Bikes
* Silent Meditation, Contemplation or Prayer
* The Big Stretch
* Ice sculpture from 2pmâ€“4pm
* Biggest Kiwi in the World! at 3.50pm!
Get out and do something.
More information: http://www.350.org.nz/wellington/international-day-of-climate-action