parting grab-bag

It has been really interesting to see the facial expressions and colours people turn when I say I am going to go live at the beach and have *no internet*. 🙂

Anyway. Here are some random things I encountered on the internet in the last months that didn’t quite get passed on.

This is possibly the greatest political speech ever. Makes some interesting points about the plight of the minority in a democracy, while being impressively mad.

YouTube Preview Image

Via Hamo, and just to mess with nonwrestler‘s head, mind altering parasites. Just creepy and wrong. Thanks, nature.

William Burroughs article on Led Zepellin
, and sort of interview with Jimmy Page, from 1975.

Performance artist Marina Abramovic is more interesting than most people.

Breakdown of the 17 million US graduates in menial jobs.

And just cos why not: Aliens have deactivated British and US nuclear missiles, say US military pilots.

Aaaaand, that’s all for a while, folks.

8 Responses to “parting grab-bag”

1.   Scott C
    November 6th, 2010 | 4:02 pm

Ha – same expression I get from folks when I say I don’t have a cell phone or a facebook account. Quite satisfying actually – I’d prefer to dictate the terms of my contactability with my social group than let an assumed social norm fill that role.

Enjoy the beach Billy – would love to have the opportunity for a living situation like that for a while.

2.   billy
    November 7th, 2010 | 12:54 pm

Yeah, I have a rant about McLuhan and the need to evaluate the changes our technology is making to us, and make a conscious choice as to what we adopt, rather than just being force-mutated by “progress”…

November 8th, 2010 | 1:49 pm

This post is the best part of the internet.

4.   Scott A
    November 8th, 2010 | 3:25 pm

And I love that I can read this great bit of the internet from my mobile phone.

5.   Scott A
    November 8th, 2010 | 3:26 pm

oh, I should also mention I was directed here via Pearce’s Facebook. 😉

6.   C G
    November 9th, 2010 | 4:10 am

I am at work, and I am tripping on this article where William S Burroughs interviews Jimmy Page. I’m about halfway through. It’s brilliant. Enjoy the beach Billy…

7.   michael
    November 9th, 2010 | 7:29 am

I should’ve passed that Burroughs / Page thing on when someone linked me to it. There’s another one with Burroughs & Bowie, not as interesting IMO…

The parasites make me messy. 😐 Cheers Billy. 😀

8. November 24th, 2010 | 11:55 am

YOU HAVE BEEN PRE-APPROVED FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX PENIS-WHITENING PROGRAM!