October 6, 2014
I don’t even really know where to go from there. That this isn’t screamed on every street corner and causing a shut down of our entire society as we stop and have a hard think about what we are doing tells you that yes we are the bad guys.
As a related one, here is a funding campaign for a doco about the relationship between the Parsi and the vultures which is a fascinating example of our interdependence with nature. When nature dies, we lose too.
* “The largest ever fleet of robotic submarines is setting of from the Isles of Scilly to explore the ocean depths.” – just in case you forgot you were living in the future.
* The Amazon/Hachette battle and politics. Definitely an interesting read for those following this one.
* This is just weird. Scientology and Nation of Islam unite to stop killing in Ferguson?
Though it is pretty hard to imagine Scientology caring about poor clients.
Check out this astounding interview with L Ron Hubbard jr, who details the early days of Scientology, and effectively calls out what works as black magic, and the rest as blackmail and extortion. I can pretty much guarantee it will be the wildest thing you read this week.
* Sexual consent app good2go launches. Definitely interesting, though kinda weird as it logs the yesses and identities…
“Whether you are feeling really good or really bad, emotions are felt more intensely when the ambient lighting is brighter, according to recent research.
Since many decisions are made under strong lighting conditions, turning down the lights may help you make less emotional decisions.”
* An uh-oh moment in the great uncontrolled experiment with our technology and our minds
” For the first time, neuroscientists have found that people who use multiple devices simultaneously have lower gray-matter density in an area of the brain associated with cognitive and emotional control (Loh & Kanai, 2014).”